PhotoShelter's Adobe Premiere Pro CC Connector helps your video and media teams manage their workflows in a seamless, cloud-based environment. Users can browse and search for video content in the Library, and place video files from the Library into a Project File in Premiere Pro. Once a video project is complete, users can upload Media and Project Files back to their PhotoShelter Library, all from within the CC Connector.
The Adobe Premiere Pro CC Connector is an add-on feature. Please contact your PhotoShelter Customer Success Manager or email our support team for more information.
- Browsing & Searching
- Importing & Placing Media
- Uploading Media & Project Files to the Library
- You need to be able to install new software on your computer. If you can’t, please contact your IT department.
- A license key, provided by your PhotoShelter contact.
- Only Admin or Editor accounts are able to log in and authenticate.
- Rosetta 2 is required to install the CC Connector plugin on Apple computers using the Apple silicon M1 chip. See Adobe's requirements here.
Before installing the Connector, please ensure Premiere Pro is updated to the latest, stable version.
- Close all Adobe applications.
- Double-click the PhotoShelter CC Connector Video installer file and follow the on-screen installation instructions.
- To enable the Connector panel, select File > Window > Extensions > PhotoShelter CC Connector - Video.
- When prompted for your license key, click Activate and enter your license key.
- Log in to your Admin or Editor account and select your PhotoShelter Library.
NOTE: If using the Connector with multiple PhotoShelter accounts, click the flyout menu on the Connector panel and select Switch Accounts.
Browsing and Searching
To browse content in your PhotoShelter Library:
Collections and galleries in your Library will be represented by folders. In the CC Connector panel, users can sort content within folders by clicking the drop-down menu below the folder name. The sort order in the CC Connector should match what's chosen in the Library, but you can re-sort your content by filename, date uploaded, date added to gallery and date created.
- Double-click a folder to navigate through its corresponding assets
- Double-click a file to see a preview (video files will play back in the CC Connector panel)
- Click the folder name at the top of the Connector panel to view the folder tree, as shown below:
To search for content in your PhotoShelter Library:
Users can search for assets in a Library using the Search icon. Search operators include file name, keyword, collection name or gallery name.
- Select the Search icon in the Connector panel
- Type your search term and click Search
- To place a file from Search results, click to preview the image and use the Place button at the top of the Connector panel
Importing and Placing Media
After locating an asset in the Library, you can import and place the file into your Premiere Pro Project File.
- Select an asset in the Connector panel and use the Place button to place it in your Project File
- To select format-specific Import Options as you place a file, hold down Alt/Option and click the Place button
Uploading Media and Project Files to PhotoShelter
Media (Video) Files:
PhotoShelter requires all Media Files to be encoded and exported locally prior to upload. Media Files must meet our minimum upload requirements and may not exceed 2GB. If the exported file exceeds that size, use a different upload method.
- Open the Connector flyout menu and select Upload Media to PhotoShelter
- Follow the prompts to select a file from your computer to upload
- Note that only files up to 2GB can be uploaded to PhotoShelter via the CC Connector.
To upload a Project File (.prproj) to a PhotoShelter Library, the Media Files within must meet our minimum upload requirements and may not exceed 2GB. If your Project File exceeds 2GB, we recommend using a different upload method.
- Open the Connector flyout menu and select Upload Project to PhotoShelter
The Connector allows users to include metadata upon upload. This metadata is used to ensure that Project and Media files are searchable in your PhotoShelter Library. Adding metadata in the Connector is optional, but highly encouraged for visibility.
- Open the Connector flyout menu and select Upload Media/Project to PhotoShelter
- In the metadata window, enter a Title, Description and/or Keywords > Upload with Metadata
- To upload without metadata, select Upload without Metadata
I’m not able to log in to the plugin with my PhotoShelter credentials.
Only Admins and Editors can log in to and authenticate in the plugin. Please contact your PhotoShelter Account Executive, Customer Success Manager or email our support team to purchase.
My Library content is not updating in the CC Connector.
If you're unable to locate content in the CC Connector, open the Connector flyout menu and select Refresh. Refreshing the CC Connector will update asset searchability and should resolve any syncing issues between Premiere Pro and your PhotoShelter Library.
Adobe says this plugin cannot be installed.
To run and enable third-party plugins on M1 Macs, Adobe requires installation of the Rosetta 2 emulator. See Adobe's requirements here.
Questions? Issues? Please contact our support team.