About the PhotoShelter for Brands Hootsuite Integration
The PhotoShelter for Brands Hootsuite integration allows Library Staff users (Administrator, Editor, Tagger) or Invited Users to add one or more media files stored inside of PhotoShelter for Brands while drafting a post to share via the social media networks connected to the Hootsuite web-based application.
Please get in touch with our Customer Success team to purchase the Hootsuite integration for your PhotoShelter for Brands account.
To use the PhotoShelter for Brands Hootsuite integration as an Editor
If you want Hootsuite users to be able to use anything in your PhotoShelter for Brands account, your organization’s Administrator will need to create a new Editor user with a unique email address and password (one that is not already in a Library Staff seat). This will serve as your integration seat and allow everyone in Hootsuite to access your organization’s PhotoShelter Library without impacting your PhotoShelter login session limit. If your organization already has an integrations seat setup, this seat can be used for multiple integrations. Our Technical Support Specialists will be on hand to assist with your integration setup.
To use the PhotoShelter for Brands Hootsuite integration as an Invited User
If you want to limit the Collections/Galleries Hootsuite users can access, you'll need to add a new Invited User and give that user download access to the specific Collections/Galleries you want available to Hootsuite users. (Note: you must give the Hootsuite Invited User download permission for at least 1200px jpg).
Setup in Hootsuite
- Once you’ve purchased the integration, you’ll need to log into your Hootsuite account to install the PhotoShelter app.
- Click the “My Profile” area in Hootsuite and click “App Directory” from the options.
- Search for PhotoShelter in the App Directory and when the “PhotoShelter for Brands” result loads, click “Install.”
- Click “Finish” on the window that confirms installation.
- To complete setup, begin to compose a new post on any platform. Open the "Media Library" and select “PhotoShelter for Brands” from the list.
- Next, you’ll need to log in with the API key that was provided by PhotoShelter's Technical Support Specialist and the email address and password associated with either the Invited User you set up for Hootsuite or the Editor Seat you use for integrations. This process only needs to be done once (at the time the app is installed or updated).
- After you Authenticate, you will be able to choose “PhotoShelter for Brands” from the Media Library list and browse and search for image files like an Editor would in the PhotoShelter Library.
What file types can be imported into Hootsuite?
Image files like JPG, PNG, and TIFF files can be imported. Please note that Hootsuite converts these files into JPEG format for posting. Hootsuite does not support importing video files, RAW files, proprietary Adobe files, and audio files yet. We will add support for these file types when it becomes available. Multi-pagePDF files will import the first page as a JPEG file.
Why can’t I view metadata from my files?
The ability to pull in the metadata from files is currently a limitation of Hootsuite’s API.
What can the PhotoShelter Media Library search find?
The search terms you enter will return results from the Keywords and Caption fields in IPTC metadata. You can also search the full filename including the extension (i.e. “racehorse_85.jpg”). If you can’t find the file by the full filename, it is likely that file is not supported to be imported. Please see the first FAQ for information on filetype support.
If you have any questions or need a hand with your setup, contact PhotoShelter's Technical Support team.