PhotoShelter for Brands now offers a growing set of third-party integrations used to streamline your team’s creative workflow from all corners of your organization. Seamlessly transfer files from your team’s Box, Dropbox or Google Drive accounts to a destination inside your Library, all without leaving PhotoShelter.
How the Box Integration Works
The Box integration allows Library Staff to configure multiple solutions that trigger file transfers from source folders in Box to a target collection within your organization’s Library. Our API allows you to connect multiple Box accounts to the integration and create as many unique solutions as needed.
Solution types for Box include:
- A one-time transfer of folders from your Box account into a destination collection in PhotoShelter
- An ongoing transfer of files from a folder in Box to a destination gallery in PhotoShelter
Note: This integration supports a multi-tiered import up to 10 folders deep.
The PhotoShelter for Brands Box Integration requires an additional Editor seat to be added to your subscription. This will serve as your designated integrations account and will be what is used to connect the Integration to PhotoShelter without impacting your login limit.
Contact the Customer Success team to add the Box Integration to your PhotoShelter for Brands account.
Once you’ve purchased the integration, your Customer Success Manager will connect you to Technical Support who can assist in this process. They will require that you provide us with an email address that can be used solely with the integration. This email address cannot be associated with any current user in our system as it must be designated for connecting to the PhotoShelter Integrations. The Integrations Editor Seat will be assigned to this email address provided. Once that's configured, follow these steps to complete the setup process:
1. Log into PhotoShelter using the Integrations Editor Account.
2. Click "Box" on the Integrations Directory under "Admin" > "Integrations."
3. Click "Create new integration."
4. Give your integration a title and description and click "Create."
5. In the popup that appears, log into your Box account and authorize the Integration to access your account.
6. Once authorized, click "+ Create new solution" and give your solution a name and description. You can create as many solutions as you need to transfer from different folders.
7. Under "Solution Trigger," you can create a "One-Time Transfer from Folder," or an ongoing "Transfer from Folder."
8. Under “Action,” choose “Transfer to PhotoShelter collection.”
9. Under “Solution details,” use the “Choose a box folder” link to select a source folder in your Box account to transfer.
10. Under “PhotoShelter Collection name,” start typing the name of the destination collection and a list of matches will populate. Choose the Collection you want as your transfer destination.
11. Save your Solution by clicking “Create.”
One-time Transfers will begin automatically and can be confirmed by checking the target Collection in the Library. For ongoing transfers, upload files to the source folder in Box and refresh the target Collections selected in your solution details.
Can I set up a two way sync of files between both locations?
No, the Integration will only import from Box to PhotoShelter, not the other way around. Any files deleted in Box will not be deleted in PhotoShelter and any files deleted in PhotoShelter will not delete files in Box.
How long does it take a transfer to complete?
This will depend on the amount of files and folders that you have chosen to transfer. For a larger migration of hundreds or more files, you may need to leave it working for a few minutes to a few hours. Smaller batches of transfers complete in much less time.
Can I navigate away from PhotoShelter during a transfer?
Yes, once the solution is turned on, the transfer happens in the background until it has completed. You do not need to remain logged into PhotoShelter or remain online.
Can I import files from multiple source folders in Box into a single target collection in PhotoShelter?
Yes, you will need to create a separate solution in the integration for each source folder you want to import from.
Can I transfer from multiple Box accounts?
Yes, you will need to configure the integration for each account you want to transfer from (starting at step 1 above).
What file types are supported?
The same file types that PhotoShelter supports can be imported with the Integration. Please see this article for more information: What File Types are Supported?
Do I need to set permissions on new target galleries and collections after each Box import?
New collections and galleries the integration creates to correspond with folders in Box will default to the permission set of red eye, red arrow ("no one but me" visibility and download access). You can change the permissions after the galleries and collections are created.
Can I turn off my solutions at any time?
Yes, but keep in mind that any Box solutions will not continue to import files if the solution is disabled. Any files uploaded to the source folders in Box while the solution is “Off” will be pushed to PhotoShelter once turned back “On.” To prevent the backfill imports, do not turn the existing solution back “On.” Instead, make a new solution and remove the old one.
I see files in my source folder in Box that are not in my target collection. What could cause this?
A few things you can check on are:
- Did you set the solution up to be a One-Time Transfer? If so, new files in that folder will not be pushed to PhotoShelter after the initial transfer. You will need to make a new solution with the Solution Trigger “Transfer from Folder” which will be an ongoing import.
- Is the solution that you are expecting to have imported the files turned “On” in the Box Integration setup page?
- The Integration will support up to 10 layers deep per folder. If there is an 11th layer in Box and that folder is missing in PhotoShelter, you should configure another solution with the 10th level set as the destination.
If you have additional questions, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.