About the Integration
Our integration with Slack enables you to subscribe to Gallery and Workspace notifications and receive those notifications in Slack in real-time. It also allows you to search for and share PhotoShelter images in Slack.
- When files are added to a specific Gallery
- When files are added to a specific Workspace
- When approvals or comments are added to files in a specific Workspace
- To use the PhotoShelter app for Slack, you will need to create a new user with a unique email address and password (one that is not already in use with PhotoShelter). This will serve as your integrations account and allow everyone in your Slack workspace to access PhotoShelter without impacting your login limit.
- Next, you will need to contact our Customer Success team to purchase the integration.
Once the integration has been purchased, you'll need to set up the Slack integration in your PhotoShelter for Brands account:
- Log into PhotoShelter.
- Click Slack on the Integrations Directory.
- Click Create new integration.
- Give your integration a Title and Description and click Create.
- Click Authorize Slack.
- Sign in to Slack in the resulting dialog.
- Click Allow to give PhotoShelter permission to connect to Slack.
- Click Create new solution.
- Follow the prompts to set up the notifications you want. Solution Trigger options refer to what you want the integration to notify in the channel you designate:
- Gallery Add Media - Notifies in the channel when a new single file has been added to the chosen gallery and links to the asset or gallery it is in.
- Gallery Add Media Rollup - Notifies in the channel the quantity of uploads made within a 1-minute span in the chosen gallery and links to the assets.
- Workspace Add Media - Notifies in the channel when a new single file has been added to the chosen workspace and links to the workspace.
- Workspace Add Media Rollup - Notifies in the channel the quantity of uploads made within a 1-minute span in the chosen workspace and links to the workspace.
- Workspace Media Comment - Notifies the channel of what new comment was made in the chosen workspace and links to the workspace.
- Workspace Media Comment Rollup - Notifies in the channel a list of what comments were made within a 1-minute span in the chosen workspace. It also links to the workspace.
- Workspace Media Review - Notifies the channel of a new approval made in the chosen workspace and links to the workspace.
- Workspace Media Review Rollup - Notifies in the channel a quantity of what approvals were made within a 1-minute span in the chosen workspace. It also links to the workspace.
Note: All links to assets from the Slack notification will only be accessible by Library Staff at this time.
10. Under Solution Action choose "Publish to Slack Channel."
11. Depending on the Solution Trigger you chose, you will need to enter the name of the Workspace or Gallery you want the integration to watch for PhotoShelter Gallery name or PhotoShelter Workspace name. Predictive text will search for matching galleries to choose from.
12. Under Channel Name, enter the name of the channel you want the solution to publish to exactly as it appears in your Slack application after the # symbol. Do not include the # symbol. There is no predictive text for this field.
Note: For locked channels, you need to invite the @PhotoShelterBrands app to the channel before notifications can appear in the channel.
13. Click Save. Once complete, the notifications you've configured will appear in the selected channel as new actions are taken in PhotoShelter.
Sharing PhotoShelter Images in Slack
After you've set up the integration with Slack, you'll be able to search for PhotoShelter images and share them in Slack. Please note that each person's search results depend on the email address they are logged into Slack with. In other words, the integration will assume the person using search is an Invited User under the same email address they used to log into Slack. The search will return results based on what is visible to that Invited User, so keep this in mind when you roll out the integration to your organization. To use search:
- Log into PhotoShelter
- Open the Slack chat where you'd like to share a PhotoShelter image
- Type /psb-search term
- Replace term with the search term of your choice
- Press enter to see search results
- Browse through the search results by clicking Previous or Next and click Send to share the image in Slack
Can you send notifications from multiple Galleries or Workspaces to a single Slack channel?
Yes. To do this, you'll need to create a solution for each of the Galleries or Workspaces you want notifications for. Each of the solutions should be configured with the same Slack channel name.
Can you send notifications from the same Gallery or Workspace to multiple Slack channels?
Yes. As above, you'll need to create a solution for each Slack channel you want to receive the notifications. In these solutions, the Gallery (or Workspace) will stay the same and the Slack channels will be different.
Can you send notifications to locked Slack channels?
Yes. If you want to send notifications to a locked channel, you'll need to invite the PhotoShelter Brands app to the channel.