About the Integration
Our integration with Slack enables you to subscribe to Gallery and Workspace notifications and receive those notifications in Slack in real-time. It also allows you to search for and share PhotoShelter images in Slack.
- When files are added to a specific Gallery
- When files are added to a specific Workspace
- When approvals or comments are added to files in a specific Workspace
- To use the PhotoShelter app for Slack, you will need to create a new user with a unique email address and password (one that is not already in use with PhotoShelter). This will serve as your integrations account and allow everyone in your Slack workspace to access PhotoShelter without impacting your login limit.
- Next, you will need to contact our Customer Success team to purchase the integration.
Once the integration has been purchased, you'll need to set up the Slack integration in your PhotoShelter for Brands account:
- Log into PhotoShelter
- Click Slack on the Integrations Directory
- Click Create new integration
- Give your integration a Title and Description and click Create
- Click Authorize Slack
- Sign in to Slack in the resulting dialog
- Click Allow to give PhotoShelter permission to connect to Slack
- Click Create new solution
- Follow the prompts to set up the notifications you want
Sharing PhotoShelter Images in Slack
After you've set up the integration with Slack, you'll be able to search for PhotoShelter images and share them in Slack:
- Log into PhotoShelter
- Open the Slack chat where you'd like to share a PhotoShelter image
- Type /psb-search term
- Replace term with the search term of your choice
- Press enter to see search results
- Browse through the search results by clicking Previous or Next and click Send to share the image in Slack
Can you send notifications from multiple Galleries or Workspaces to a single Slack channel?
Yes. To do this, you'll need to create a solution for each of the Galleries or Workspaces you want notifications for. Each of the solutions should be configured with the same Slack channel name.
Can you send notifications from the same Gallery or Workspace to multiple Slack channels?
Yes. As above, you'll need to create a solution for each Slack channel you want to receive the notifications. In these solutions, the Gallery (or Workspace) will stay the same and the Slack channels will be different.
Can you send notifications to locked Slack channels?
Yes. If you want to send notifications to a locked channel, you'll need to invite the PhotoShelter Brands app to the channel.