Note: Upload functionality now exists in the newer FileFlow mobile app for iOS users! Please use that app for the most updated experience. Android mobile uploading will also be supported in FileFlow, but is not yet available.
PhotoShelter for Brands was known as “Libris by PhotoShelter” until June 2020 - the FileFlow App will replace the Mobile Uploader App referenced below.
The PhotoShelter for Brands Uploader (currently known as the Libris Uploader) app makes it so you can easily move image and video files from an Admin and/or Editor's iOS or Android mobile device to your PhotoShelter for Brands account. Uploads using the PhotoShelter for Brands Uploader mobile app will always land in your Library's "Incoming Files" collection as a new gallery (more on this below).
The PhotoShelter for Brands Uploader mobile app gives Admins, Editors, and Contributors a direct route from image capture to your PhotoShelter for Brands account. In PhotoShelter for Brands, your Library Staff can immediately access photos and videos to use in their projects, from social media and PR to website and print. Power your real-time visual media workflow, share time-sensitive event content, and collect visual assets on the go.
- Requires iOS 8.4 and above
- Formally supported devices: iPhone 4s and later
- Compatible devices: iPad, iPad mini, and iPod Touch
- While our testing revolved around the iPhone experience, the app should work for your iPad as well. If you're having trouble with an iOS device, please contact our Customer Success team.
- Requires Android 4.0.3 and above
Download the app
- On your iOS mobile device:
- Open the App Store and search for “Libris Uploader”
- Or visit this link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/libris-uploader/id1104730629
- On your Android device:
- Go to Google Play and search for
- Or visit this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.photoshelter.photoshelterlibris
- Log into the mobile uploader app app with your PhotoShelter account email and password
- An Admin, Editor or Contributor role on an active PhotoShelter for Brands account is required to use the app.
- If your organization has enabled SSO, you will not be able to login through SSO with this application. You will need to set a password to go with your email address as a PhotoShelter login in order to use this app.
- If you have upload access to more than one PhotoShelter for Brands account, you’ll choose which account to upload to after logging in
On the home screen, you’ll see the PhotoShelter for Brands account’s name and several options:
- Your Uploads
- Send Images
- Settings (gear icon)
- To upload, tap “Send Images”
- To view your previous uploads, tap “Your Uploads”
- To switch accounts or log out, tap “Settings”
- From the home screen, tap “Send Images”
- Note that if you do not see any images from your Camera Roll upon clicking "Send Images," you may have to edit your phone's settings to allow access. You can find this in Settings > Privacy > Photos. Make sure Libris Uploader is toggled on.
- Select up to 20 images and/or video files from your Camera Roll and tap “Next”
- If your PhotoShelter for Brands account has video enabled or all file support, videos in your Camera Roll will also appear, and you can select and upload videos in addition to images. There is a file size maximum of 200MB (equivalent to ~2 minutes of uncompressed raw video on an iPhone 6)
- Describe your upload. This will become part of the gallery name and also added as IPTC keyword(s) to the images uploaded. This description is limited to 25 characters.
- When the images and/or videos land in your PhotoShelter Library, in the Incoming Files collection, and the gallery name format will read: “UP: [description] - [First initial Lastname] - [Date]”, e.g. “UP: Opening day - M. Roberts - 27 May 16”
- If your description contains commas, it will be split into multiple keywords, e.g. if you put “Playoffs, men’s baseball” the images will contain the keywords “Playoffs” and “men’s baseball”.
- If you’ve already uploaded images and would like to add more images to the existing gallery, tap “Use: [description]”. The second batch of images will land in the existing gallery.
- Tap “Upload,” then confirm the upload on the next screen by tapping “Upload Now”
- You’ll see a progress bar for your upload. You can either exit the upload screen or wait until the upload is done; either way, the upload will complete.
Viewing previous uploads
- From the home screen, tap “Your Uploads”
- You’ll see any uploads in progress, as well as previous uploads
- If you tap a previous upload, you’ll see the images you uploaded during this app session. If you’ve logged out of the app and logged back in, your previous session’s uploads will be cleared from the app.
- If you tap “Delete” on a previous upload, it will remove that upload record from your “Previously Uploaded” list. No images will be deleted from your device or from the PhotoShelter Library.
- If you have upload access to more than one PhotoShelter for Brands account, you can switch which account you’d like to upload to within the app.
- On the home screen, tap the gear icon, then “Switch Accounts”
- Select a new account and tap “Next”
- The name of the new account will appear on the home screen to indicate where your uploads will go.
- On the home screen, tap the gear icon, then “Log out”
- Logging out will clear your upload record, so “Previous Uploads” will be empty the next time you log in. No images will be deleted from your device or from the PhotoShelter Library.
Managing mobile uploads in your Library
- Any images or videos uploaded via the mobile uploader app will land in a gallery in the “Incoming Files” collection called “UP: [description] - [First initial Last name] - [Date]” and will inherit the permissions of that collection.
- The [description] entered in the app will also be appended to the files as a IPTC Keyword.
- If the description contains commas, it will be split into multiple keywords, e.g. if you put “Playoffs, men’s baseball” the images will contain the keywords “Playoffs” and “men’s baseball”.
- If the same staff member uses an identical description for multiple uploads, the files will all be placed in the same gallery.
- If multiple staff members use that description, their uploads will be separate galleries, e.g. if Jane Smith and Michael Roberts both enter “Playoffs” as their upload description, there will be a “Playoffs” gallery for Jane’s uploads and a second one for Michael’s.
Mobile Upload Workflow Example
- Before an event, you can make “Incoming Files” an invite-only collection and give certain Invited Users (or a group of users) access to view and download files.
- During the event:
- Your Admin, Editor(s) and Contributors can upload files to PhotoShelter via the uploader app
- Your Invited Users can log into your Portal on their mobile devices, head to “Incoming Files” to see what’s been uploaded so far, and download an image from those galleries to post to social media, all while the event is still going on!
- After the event:
- You can move the uploaded galleries into other parts of your Library to make way for the next event, or choose to keep them in “Incoming Files”.
Article is closed for comments.