The Lightbox is a tool to collect and view various images together. These images can come from one Gallery or from many different Galleries. Lightboxes are typically used for collaboration. You might use a Lightbox to collect and share your image choices for a particular project. Several people may want to use ratings or comments to work on a project together.
You must be logged in as an Admin, Editor or Tagger or Invited User to make a Lightbox. The Lightbox owner can choose to share it with others by emailing a link. If it is not shared, only the owner of the Lightbox can view it. Although you can share a Lightbox with anyone, any images in the Lightbox can only be viewed by someone with permission to access the particular photos.Lightboxes can also contain images from different PhotoShelter and Libris accounts that you have access to. This can be useful if you would like to buy images from photographers who have traditional PhotoShelter accounts.
Adding image files to a Lightbox
- When viewing any image within the Library, click Add to Lightbox under the Actions dropdown.
- Select an existing Lightbox, or choose Create a new lightbox and name the new Lightbox you'll add the image to.
- From the confirmation box, you can go directly to the Lightbox or close the window by clicking OK.
Accessing the Lightbox
After you've signed in to the Libris Library, click Media > Lightboxes.
The first tab has all lightboxes owned by your login (your email address). The second tab, Shared Lightboxes, has all lightboxes that have been shared with your login.
Using the Lightbox
The primary functions of a Lightbox are to rate and comment on the images contained within. You can share lightboxes with other Library Staff or Invited Users so that they can also rate and comment on the images. If the image is deleted in the Libris Library, it will also be deleted from all lightboxes.
Rate and Comment on Images
While viewing thumbnails, you can click on the stars to assign a rating. Click the X to reject the image. Ratings live on the images while they are in the lightbox and will not be applied to the images in the Library.
Alternately, if you click a thumbnail, you can view, rate and leave comments on images individually.
Viewing others' ratings
When other Invited Users have rated images within the Lightbox, you can view their ratings.
- Click Ratings Matrix. You can view all users' ratings for the images contained within the Lightbox.
Sharing a Lightbox
Sharing a Lightbox allows others to see and interact with the contents. You can provisionally grant access to invite others or remove/rate/sort/comment on images.
- Click the green Share button.
- Enter the email address of the person with whom you'd like to share.
- Check the appropriate access controls. If you want the Invited User to be able to remove, rate, or comment, be sure to check that box.
- Click Share Lightbox.
The user will receive an email with a link to the Lightbox and must login in order to access the lightbox.
If you share images with someone who hasn't been granted access to the Gallery of origin in the Library by the Library Staff, that person will see "N/A" (not available) images when they look at the Lightbox. This is a security measure to prevent embargoed images from being distributed.
Manage Your Shared Lightbox
Click "Sharing (#)" in the top lightbox navigation bar to expand the sharing panel.
Enable Single Image Downloads
If you are an Admin or an Editor and have created a lightbox (or have been invited to a lightbox by one of your Invited Users, you can enable single image downloads from within the Lightbox.
- Click the image thumbnail you would like to enable download access to and open the single image view.
- In the right pane, toggle the Allow Download: dropdown menu to edit download permission on this image from the lightbox and Save Changes.
Convert a Lightbox to a Gallery (For Batch Sharing/Delivery)
As an Admin or Editor, converting your own Lightbox (or an Invited User's Lightbox, provided they have shared it with the Admin or Editor on the Libris account using the directions above) to a Gallery enables easier sharing and delivery - by quick send in the Library or by granting permissions so Invited Users can view/download the images from the Portal.
- Select the images within the Lightbox you would like to combine and turn into a Gallery. Use the Select: All option or click in the light grey area surrounding the image thumbnail to select/deselect an image.
- Click "Add To..." and "Add to a new gallery".
- Name your new gallery and click "Add to Gallery"
- You'll then receive confirmation that your images have been added to a new Gallery.
- The new Gallery will land at the bottom of the My Library level of the Libris Library so that you can easily locate (and move it, if need be).
Article is closed for comments.