Why use Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a third-party tool you can use to track web traffic across your Portal website. Measuring how many viewers your portal website has over the course of time, tracing what their flow is across your website (where they click), and tracking what search terms they use can help you with activities like proving the ROI of your media library and better tagging files with metadata.
For the most up-to-date and relevant information to answer your questions about Google Analytics, we recommend visiting the Google Analytics (GA) support center.
Google Analytics Setup Resources
- How to Create a Google Analytics 4 Property
- How to Migrate from Universal Analytics to Google Analytics 4
How to add your Google Analytics ID to your PhotoShelter Account
Step 1: Complete Google Analytics Property Setup from one of the linked setup articles above.
Step 2: Obtain your GA Measurement ID
- Sign into Google Analytics
- Click Admin gear icon on the bottom left side
- Choose the Account and Property you created and want to connect
- Click Data Streams and click the portal URL you set up
- Copy the Measurement ID number starting with "G-"
Step 3: Add GA ID to PhotoShelter Settings
- Open a new tab in your browser and log-in to your PhotoShelter for Brands account
- Click Admin and Site Settings
- Paste the G-########## code you copied in Step 2 the Google Analytics ID field
- Click Save Settings
Note: If you have been using the footer field in Portal Settings for GA4 tracking, you can continue to do so, but using this dedicated Google Analytics ID field is recommended.