A Smart Gallery is a Gallery that automatically fills with files based on a set of search criteria. They save you time by automatically organizing your files using metadata. For example, if you want to create a gallery that always contains the latest photos of a specific person, subject, or thing, you can search for it in the Library, then save the results in a Smart Gallery that will always be up-to-date whether files are added, removed, or when metadata changes.
- Help Library users save the time they would otherwise spend repeatedly searching for files, and manually adding them to Galleries.
- Help Invited users save the time they would otherwise spend repeatedly running the same searches on the Portal in the hopes that new content is available. Instead, they can go to a Smart Gallery that will always contain the latest content.
Create a Smart Gallery
To create a Smart Gallery:
- Click File Search at the top of the left panel in the Library
- Run your search for the criteria you need
- Review your search results to make sure they meet your needs
- Click Save as Smart Gallery at the top of right pane
- Give your Smart Gallery a name
- Choose a location in your Library for your Smart Gallery
- Choose the visibility of your Smart Gallery
- Click Create. The new Smart Gallery will be listed in the location you selected. You will know it is a Smart Gallery by the symbol representing the Gallery in the left pane which will contain a search magnifying glass.
Edit a Smart Gallery
To edit a Smart Gallery:
- Find your Smart Gallery in your Library
- Click on the Smart Gallery in the left pane
- Click the pencil icon in the right pane to be taken to Library Search
- Change your search criteria as needed
- Click Update Smart Gallery at the top of right pane
Share a Smart Gallery
Smart Galleries can be shared just like normal Galleries. Keep in mind any content in the gallery will be live according to the saved search that created that gallery.
Are Smart Galleries always up-to-date?
Yes. Any time the metadata for a file matches the saved search criteria for a Smart Gallery, that file will be included in the Smart Gallery immediately. Since Smart Galleries are based on saved search results, either updating metadata or uploading files will cause the contents of Smart Galleries to update automatically.
Can I selectively remove files from a Smart Gallery?
No. Smart Galleries are designed to exactly match a set of search results. If you create a Smart Gallery that contains undesirable files, there are two options:
- Edit the Smart Gallery (see above) to exclude those files.
- Change the metadata on those files so they no longer meet the Smart Gallery’s search criteria.