PhotoShelter's AI-driven Visual Search lets you search the content of your organization's images rather than the associated metadata (or lack thereof). It's our easiest, fastest, smartest AI update to-date, saving your organization time and money otherwise spent on manually tagging images with IPTC keywords.
- Enabling AI Visual Search on the Portal
- Searching Invited Galleries
- Searching from the Portal Homepage
- Search Tips
Enabling AI Visual Search in the Portal
- Navigate to your organization's Portal Search page
- Click the toggle in the Left Pane or the toggle on the Search bar to Enable AI Visual Search
- Enter a Search term or phrase i.e. "sliding into home plate" or "students in the classroom." AI Visual Search uses artificial intelligence to show results that are similar in concept to what you ask for.
Searching Invited Galleries
- Navigate to your Invited Galleries by selecting "Galleries" from the Portal navigation menu
- Select a gallery/collection from the Explorer in the Left Pane
- Use the drop-down menu next to the Search bar to select the specific container to search within
- Your search results are tied to your access. If the images you expect to see in your results do not appear, you may need to request additional access. Use the Contact link at the top of the Portal to reach out to your organization's Admin directly.
Searching from the Portal Homepage
Depending on your organization's homepage settings, you may see a Search bar on your organization's Portal homepage.
You can enable AI Visual Search by toggling the "Search with AI" icon inside the Search bar.
AI Visual Search does not rely on image metadata to return results. This means that you can search for broad terms or phrases to find the content you're looking for. Visual Search will return images visually similar to the concept of your search term or phrase. Some examples of this include:
- players celebrating on the field
- keeper diving for a save
- catching a ball mid-air
- staff welcoming guests at check-in
- families enjoying a hike outdoors
- detail shots of the appetizers
- students in the classroom
- the campus at sunset
There's no limit to the length of your search terms or phrases, so the more specific you are in your search, the more specific your results will be.
Disclaimer: AI Visual Search uses AI to show results that are visually similar to what you ask for. These results are not based on metadata. Though safeguards are in place, it can occasionally produce misleading or biased results.
What if I don’t see the expected results?
If the files you expect to see do not appear in your search results, try:
- Searching for a different term or phrase
- Logging in to view your Invited Galleries and all publicly visible files
If you still don't see the search results you are expecting, use the "Contact" link at the top of the Portal to reach out to the organization's Admin and request access.
Will AI return non-image results, i.e. videos or PDFs?
AI Visual Search is currently limited to image files only.
Can I disable AI Visual Search?
Yes, you can disable the feature in the Portal by disabling the toggle in the Left pane or on the Search bar at the top right of the Portal.
What languages are supported for AI Visual Search?
AI Visual Search was built using the English language model. Support for other languages is limited.