FileFlow allows you to browse, search, share, and download files stored in your PhotoShelter account using your iPhone. This is especially useful for real-time workflows and accessing files on-the-go.
This mobile app was designed for users who have people/group download access to Collections and Galleries within a PhotoShelter for Brands account. It can be used by Administrators, Editors, Taggers, and Invited Users.
Using FileFlow as a PhotoShelter Administrator / Editor / Tagger
Using FileFlow to share content with an Invited User
FileFlow supports the latest version of iOS and Android. To use FileFlow, you will need a PhotoShelter for Brands account or Single-Sign On credentials if your organization has SSO configured.
Using FileFlow as PhotoShelter Library Staff
- To get started, download the app from the App Store (Apple devices) or the Google Play Store (Android devices).
- Once you’ve downloaded the app, log into FileFlow with your email address and account password. If your organization has Single Sign-On configured, tap the "Log in with SSO" button. On the next screen, you'll be prompted to enter your organization's portal URL and then will be redirected to the SSO login page.
- Once you have logged into the app, the "Your Access" screen will show any PhotoShelter accounts whose content you can download.
- Tap on an account to view the structure of the content you can access.
- Tap on the names of your collections and galleries to see their contents. As a member of the Library Staff, you’ll be able to download any of your organization's files.
- Pull down to refresh a gallery (this is useful during a live event, when files are actively being uploaded to the gallery you are viewing).
- Tap the Sort icon to sort files within a gallery:
- Tap the Mode icon to view files in a list format as opposed to the thumbnail grid:
- Tap on a file to see it in single file view.
- Swipe between files in a gallery when you’re in single file view.
- Tap the Info icon to view file metadata:
- Pinch to zoom in or out on an image file.
Searching for Content
- Once you've selected an account to view, tap the Search icon at the top left of your screen to search the account (looks like a magnifying glass).
- To search a specific gallery or collection, tap to open that container before clicking the Search icon.
- To download a single file, tap the Download icon while in single file view:
- To download multiple files, tap the Select icon while in gallery view.
- Select the file(s) you want to take action on, then tap the Download icon. To deselect all files, tap the Select icon again.
- When you download your first file, you’ll be prompted to grant access to the Photos app (or Files app) on your iPhone.
- Tap the Download Queue icon to see the progress of downloads, or retry failed downloads.
- Depending on the file type, your files will download to the Photos and/or Files app on your iPhone.
- To share a single file, tap the Share icon while in single file view:
- You can customize your Share options by scrolling over within the Share dialog and tapping "More."
- To share multiple files, tap the Select icon while in gallery view.
- Select the file(s) you want to take action on, then tap the Share icon. To deselect all files, tap the Select icon again.
- On the “Your Access” screen, tap on your user avatar in the top-left corner.
- You can choose to download large files (>150 MB) via WiFi only, or turn this setting off if you want to download using cellular data.
- To log out of the app, click the "Log Out" link.
Using FileFlow to share content with Invited Users
FileFlow gives your Invited Users access to share and download files stored in your organization's PhotoShelter for Brands account using their mobile device. To enable Invited User access to FileFlow, be sure to set up download permission using the people/group option (password permissions will not work, as the app requires a login).
- Add Invited Users to your PhotoShelter account and set Collection and Gallery visibility and download access permissions. You might want to try curating new Galleries for Invited Users using the "add to another gallery" action. By doing so, you can grant Invited Users unique access to see (and download files) from these galleries.
- For example, create a new Collection for "Players" and new sub-Galleries inside of this collection in each player's name. Use the "add to another gallery" action on an image of a player to curate a Gallery containing only the files you'd like this specific player to be able see and download or share to their social media accounts using their mobile device.
- Use the "Save & Notify" option when setting visibility and download permissions, telling your Invited Users to download the FileFlow app for free from the App Store.
We’ve written up a quick template you can copy and save as a new notification template in PhotoShelter, send to your clients, recommending the user download FileFlow:
I’d like to invite you to download FileFlow, a new mobile app that will make it easy for you to access and download the photos our organization shares with you.
With Fileflow, you can browse through files, search across galleries, download files in batch (original file format and size, or JPEG selection), and even quickly share photos via text, email, social media and more — all from your iPhone.
- Once logged into the FileFlow app, the Invited Users will see the "Your Access" screen displaying your organization's PhotoShelter account.
- They will tap the account and tap the name of the content they would like to view. Invited Users will only see files that you have given them permission to download.
For more info on how the FileFlow app works for Invited Users, check out this article.
Can I use the app to view and download public or password-protected content?
No. FileFlow users will only see photos their organization has given their login permission to download.
Which Visibility & Access settings for Collections & Galleries will work in the app for my Invited Users?
Your Invited Users will only see content with these Visibility & Access settings:
- Visibility: “Everyone” or “Those with Permission” and
- Download: “Those with Permission” People/Group
You must grant download access to files (e.g. original file or JPG) in order for users to see them within galleries in the app. Both native and inherited permissions will work.
Does FileFlow display Image License Alert watermarks or Image Custom Metadata?